Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Father's Day

Well, tomorrow is the big day! Since Michael is on call and gone all weekend, we've decided to bring the party to him. I sure hope he's prepared for a surprise.... The kids and I are making him a picnic lunch or like we call it...."lupper" which means not lunch and not dinner but in the middle. That's a popular word around this house. Use it if you'd like.....it sure makes Sundays easier on a Mom. :o)

I sent the older kids out with little Miss this afternoon to buy their own Father's Day cards. I think it's appropriate that the kids teach Ellie the importance of picking that special card that will make Daddy laugh 10 years from now. Opps....I gave it away. I'm a pack rat when it comes to memories from cards from my kids. OOOHHHHH....I feel better now that I got that out in the open. My husband makes fun of me but when we're lonely after the kids move onto bigger and better things. I'll whip out my stash to make us laugh.

Attention, Diva Mamma......in case you haven't noticed, you'll be in a retirement home before you're last child moves out. God blessed you with 4 children between the ages of 19 and 2 months so no thinking you and Michael are going to have time to be lonely or be snowbirds like your parents talk about. Okay....now I'm awake....I guess Michael will be taking care of patients until he's 80 and I'll be selling jewelry until I can no longer clasp a necklace or go and get my nails done. I love it and wouldn't trade our family for anything in the world!

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes complete with pictures and all! Rest well, my friends in blog world! I pray your father's day is special and that you give all of the special men in your life a big hug and something sweet to fill their tummies! My Grandma used to tell me the way to every man's heart is through his tummy so I'm off to bake my cookies while the house is quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment